Monday, November 30, 2015

Anatomy of an Edit - I See Sap People

While hiking near Lake Arrowhead on a photo shoot, I discovered a tree trunk with sap dripping down the side. The colors were so brilliant that I took a few photos of it. While viewing on my iPad, the sap started to look like figures to me, so using Sketch Club, I drew some lines around the figures I found. 

There seemed to be a gent with hands in his pocket on the left and I wanted to emphasize this figure.

iPhoneography Tutorial by Geri Centonze

Next, using Handy Photo I added more pixels to the left of the figure with the Magic Crop tool.

iPhoneography Tutorial by Geri Centonze

After some quick tuning in Snapseed, I brought the image back into Sketch Club and darkened the background.

iPhoneography Tutorial by Geri Centonze
The orange in the background started to resemble the side of a building as I worked so I added a window from another photo using the layers function Sketch Club app.

iPhoneography Tutorial by Geri Centonze
Back to Snapseed for some tuning and cropping.

iPhoneography Tutorial by Geri Centonze

Finally, using the LensLight app, I added some rays shining into the scene.

I See Sap People © Geri Centonze
I See Sap People © Geri Centonze
Apps Mentioned:

Sketch Club
Snapseed
Handy Photo
LensLight

Add to Flipboard Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment