Monday, November 30, 2015

How to Put the Internet to Work for You with IFTTT

What is IFTTT?  It's a service that allows you to create connections using the statement: IF This Then That, where THIS is the trigger and THAT is the action. It's made my life just a bit easier. I'm not the only one who likes it. Here's What PC Mag had to say about it:
"If this, then that'—shorten that little tag line to ifttt, and you've got one of the best apps on the market. This amazingly simple yet powerful iPhone app can automate just about anything you'd want to do in your digital life, from backing up photos on Facebook to sending you text message reminders of upcoming appointments."

You can create your own recipes or choose from the thousands already created by users at IFTTT.com. There's also an IFTTT app. Here are just a few ideas showing some of the recipes you can use with IFTTT.





Some of the recipes I use include:
IF I post a photo to Instagram, Then post that same photo to my Flickr account.
IF I publish a new blog post, Then Tweet it out to my Twitter followers.
IF I post a photo to Instagram, Then upload it to my Dropbox account.

It's that easy with IFTTT.

I would love to hear about your favorite IFTTT recipes in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment