Monday, November 30, 2015

Painterly Mobile Artist Erika Carillo Brothers

“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” ~ Edgar Degas The Artist

The Work

Woman in the Dark © Erika Carrillo Brothers
Woman in the Dark © Erika Carrillo Brothers

The Artist

My name is Erika Carrillo Brothers, originally from Monterrey Mexico, and residing for the last 10 years in the US with my family where I was inspired and have great fascination for photography. About a year ago iPhone photography and app art become part of my daily activities, I love to create, blend and modify images to give them a finished painterly look, combining self-portraits and abstract concepts which is my main fascination as a concept. 

Erika's Commentary

In this particular piece "Woman in the dark" are many layers of texture (I love the texture). I started to work with Superimpose with a black background, then used Snapseed to give contrasts of light and color, with little highlights to the facial features. I gave a little more texture to the piece by using iColorama, and finally I worked a lot with various combinations of layers in Modern Grunge to give the final finish I was looking for.

Find Erika:  Facebook / Instagram / Flickr 

Apps Mentioned:



Add to Flipboard Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment