Sunday, November 15, 2015

Seeing in Black and White

When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!” 
― Ted Grant


I will admit that there is something unique and powerful about a black and white photograph. I don't normally shoot in black and white except when experimenting with contrast by hornbeck, but I do have a percentage of images that I convert to black and white during the editing process.

Recently, I made the decision to start a new Instagram account and post all of the black and white images currently scattered through my main account. This account gericentonze_bw definitely has a cohesive look that sets it apart from my gericentonze account.

With only a handful of followers and photos posted, several B&W communities on Instagram have already featured my images which is very encouraging. Maybe there is something inherently more powerful about a black and white photograph.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment