Friday, November 13, 2015

Show Off Your Photos - Print Studio

Although blogging is not a paid gig for me there are definitely some perks to spending hours each week working on Art of Mob. One of those perks is that people let me try their stuff, whether it be an app, a service, a product and write about it.

Framed Prints

I contacted Print Studio to see if I could sample one of their products. They were kind enough to offer me a free photo book, but I wanted to try something different, so they issued me a coupon to apply towards my purchase and I decided on a unique way to display my Instagram photos.

After exploring their Print Studio product line (also available through their app) which includes everything from square prints to photobooks, posters to sticker books, I chose the 365-day calendar ($40) and a cute little Concrete Photo Block ($29) for it. I added my own faux cactus (purchased at Michael's craft store for a couple of bucks). For a calendar that is a bit pricey, but since there is no year on the pages, I can use it again and again.


I really love my calendar. I selected 365 photos from my computer and then had them sorted randomly in the calendar so I have no idea what photo will come up tomorrow. (If you'd like to select your photos directly from Instagram, you can do that directly from the Prinstagram site.) 

The calendar begins on the first day of the month following the date you place your order. Right now I'm tearing off the pages and saving them. The quality is just too nice to toss in the trash and if I decide not to reuse the calendar for next year I've got all sorts of ideas - attach several to some thick card stock and frame them; use some to make cute mini gift tags; design custom greeting cards or even purchase some mini frames and display them around my house.


More unique Print Studio products!

Photostrips
Prints in all sizes
T-Shirts
Who are the people at Social Print Studio?

From their official press kit:  
This company is an experiment. Benjamin Lotan founded Social Print Studio as a performance art piece while he was studying his MFA at UCSD, and began selling Facebook friend posters. He met his co-founder George Sylvain on Craigslist and together they started creating products from online media beyond an art assignment.

We started printing Instagram photos in 2011 which turned out to be our most lucrative experiment. Since then we've printed millions of your Instagram photos, as well as building an iPhone app, an Android app, and a bunch of other printing sites and services. 
We are completely bootstrapped and have no outside investors. 
Our products have brought joy to the likes of Britney Spears, Rosie O'Donnell, and our mothers. 
We've worked out of basements, college computer labs and other people's houses before moving into our own office in San Fran- cisco's SOMA district in 2013. In this space we also host live events, run and artist-in-residency program, and have even been the set of a number of music videos with artists like Connan Mockasin and holychild. You are welcome to come visit if you like! 
We also operate as a creative studio. We design and build installations, web visualizations, photo booths, and things that might not yet exist for clients like Facebook, Instagram, Cartier, and maybe you?
We've been featured in The New York Times, The SF Chroni- cle, Fast Company, The Verge, Apartment Therapy, and on hundreds of blogs, large and small. 
Our biggest selling product is our Square Prints.
We do a lot of our printing in-house including our Posters, Framed Prints, T-shirts, Large Format Prints, Photostrips and Buttons. 
We are committed to recycling and sustainability, and we use carbon-neutral shipping for the majority of our deliveries.  
We also have an online boutique offering unique locally-sourced crafts that compliment our prints. 

A special thank you to everyone at Social Print Studio!

Add to Flipboard Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment