Friday, November 13, 2015

The Whole Story by Arnold Hayes

Some people you meet online you just connect with and you have a feeling you would be fast friends if you were neighbors. Arnold Hayes and I only recently "met" via Instagram and we have had an instant connection based on our mutual love of painting, photography and most importantly iPhone art!  I'm proud to share his photographic creation as a part of The Whole Story series.

The Photograph - The Vision

The Vision © Arnold Hayes
The Vision © Arnold Hayes


The Whole Story by Arnold Hayes

In this image I wanted to create a Sci-fi self portrait that reminded me of something out of a Doctor Who episode. I initially shot the image using my iPad Air with the ProCamera HD app. Then I imported the image into ToonCamera where I used the brush filter and saved the image in color. I saved the image again using the black and white pencil filter.

I opened Superimpose to blend the two images and used the color burn filter to bring out the contrasts. Next, I used Tangled FX (Small Details) for the sparkling effect and reduced it's strength. Then I used a Modern Grunge ripped preset to create the overall look of the piece. Finally I used Snapseed to lower the saturation and sharpen the contrast.


The Photographer

Arnold Hayes
I have been a painter and illustrator for over 20 years. During the daytime I am a Computer Network Engineer for a large technology firm. I live in Arizona and have a wife and two beautiful children. A few months ago I discovered a whole new world of art with my iPhone 4, soon after I purchased the iPad Air and life has never been the same. Everyday I strive to learn and grow, to develop my vision and realize my childhood dream.



Find Arnold:  Website / Twitter / Google+ / Flickr / Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment