Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Whole Story | The Only Way Out is In by Todd Leban

The Photograph

The Only Way Out is In © Todd Leban
The Only Way Out is In © Todd Leban


The Whole Story by Todd Leban
I created the image as a statement on dealing with your troubles/anxieties by confronting them, which is much easier said than done. It all started with a picture of my garage windows that I found tucked in my camera roll. I was beta testing the Union app from Pixite at the time, and thought it was the perfect image to try a blend/montage with. I decided to make it somewhat eerie and add my hands to the inside of the garage. I placed the hands in the lower part of the window as to assume that the character is fatigued and on his knees, struggling to continue.

The original shot of the garage was taken with ProCamera7, and the perspective distortion was corrected with Genius Scan. The hands were individually shot with the same camera app, and were blended into the window image with the aforementioned Union app. They were masked, & the transparency was lowered to make them seem more realistically on the inside. A few minor adjustments were made in Snapseed to unify the separate elements.


The Photographer
My name is Todd Leban and I have a bachelor’s degree in art education, and a master’s degree in educational technology. I am currently teaching art at the middle school level in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. I am also a member of the AMPt Leadership Team, and am a contributing artist and member of GRRYOI grew up with an intense interest in music and art, and an undying desire to create. I have a great appreciation for things that are old and worn, and have always been fascinated with objects and how they influence and enhance our lives. I try to bring out their stories in my images.


No comments:

Post a Comment