Sunday, November 15, 2015

Oh How I've Missed You!

I've missed so much about blogging...the camaraderie with the community, the intimacy with the wonderful iPhone photographers that I have featured, the sharing of the beauty that so many put out to the world with no hope of gain for themselves!

Dare I say I may re-enter the blogging world in a very limited basis...why not? I may manage only a couple of posts a month, but it's something I really want to continue to do.

There is so much to share in this ever expanding world of iPhone photography. My latest love is the Snapseed update. I'm loving the Stacks feature which allows for copying and inserting the edits done on one image to another. Using this feature, you can also "paint" in an effect on just a portion of an image.  Currently there is no way to save presets of Stacks you have created, but you can create an album on your iPhone or iPad called Presets and then save the photos with the editing combinations you like to that folder. When you want to recreate that "look" just open the image copy the Stacks and Insert them into another photo. This is an easy way to create a series of images with the same effect.

To copy the steps you performed on a particular image, Click on the number in the white square in the top right corner. This will open up a menu along the lower right side that shows the individual steps taken. Click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner and select "Copy". Open another image and click on the "0" in the white square. Click on the three dots and select "Insert". Click on each edit step until you have added them all to your new image and Save.

I did this with a recent photo shoot of my granddaughter (images were shot with a Samsung NX300 - I know it's not a mobile device but I love the narrow depth of field I get with the 30mm pancake lens).

If Google is listening, we would love the ability to save presets!

I look forward to seeing you all on a part-time basis.


© Geri Centonze
Exploring Outdoors



© Geri Centonze
Carrying Mama's Shoes

© Geri Centonze
Even a toddler loves an iPhone!

© Geri Centonze
"Where can I watch Frozen?"



No comments:

Post a Comment