Friday, November 20, 2015

The Whole Story by Roxi Hardegree

The Photograph

© Roxi Hardegree


The Whole Story by Roxi Hardegree

There is a part of me that loves and longs for adventure. The other part is fearful and plays it safe. My husband had a dream about keeping me from my adventures and I made this as a result.  

I took this photo downtown on a Saturday night. I was across the street from a tattoo parlor and by myself. No one was in sight the whole three minutes I spent there. I grabbed a few shots with my phone and my Canon and got out of there as fast as I could, because I could hear yelling about a block away. The added girl was from an art gallery shot just a few blocks from there. It could just as well be me. The "GO EXPLORE" word art is from the Rhonna Designs app. This may be as close to art journaling as I get. 

Apps used:
AndifTouch: Straighten perspective
Snapseed: Tuning and vintage filter
Strut Type: Filter and lighting effects
iColorama: Outline of figure
Image Blender: To blend the figure and her outline
Rhonna Designs: Word art

The Photographer

Roxi Hardegree has a passion for photography. Her photographic art includes still life, nature photography and random things that catch her eye. However, she also believes that variety adds spice to life and enjoys the challenges of capturing life as it happens.

She was given her first camera in the 7th grade, a Polaroid Land Camera. All her life, cameras were never too far out of reach. In 2009 bravery stepped up and a DSLR was purchased. Photoshop had also been a passion, but after discovering Instagram in late 2012, the passion began to shift. All because of doing a 365 project with her iPhone, a new love had stolen her heart. Her favorite apps include Snapseed, Camera+, iColorama, Distressed FX, Repix, Waterlogue and Brushstroke. Her real job is hairstyling at her own salon in Lubbock, Texas.

Find Roxi: Instagram / Blog


Add to Flipboard Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment